Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Empowering Your Health

This Spring, I found a health talk show that got my attention.  Why, because he offered hope at a time when I was struggling with some health issues; pain in joints, mental and emotionally overwhelmed and just exhausted so much of the time which was depressing.  I was diagnosed with hypothyroid and placed on hormone therapy in March 2009.  At the time, I was too overwhelmed and feeling terrible to do any research on the subject.  Over a few months, I began to feel better again and things when back to normal. 
       This Winter, life became a bit more stressful, and slowly but surely I began to feel out of sorts, tired, crabby, anxious, tired all the time, painful joints and the list goes on.  So, when I heard Dr. Asa Andrew on the radio I listened to him encourage and help people. 
     Beginning of June I decided to go to Barnes and Nobles and check out his book and see if I would want to purchase it.  I was impressed, so I got online and made my purchase.   I kept hearing about this anti-inflammatory diet and was anxious to read all about it.  There are some restrictions, but with the pain I was suffering in my bones and the fact that it has been increasing over the recent months I decided to take the diet on trial for 6-8 weeks and just see if it would do for me what many testified it did for them.
      Two weeks ago today, I began Dr. Asa Andrew's Anti-Inflammatory Diet.  Six days ago, was the first morning I woke and felt refreshed in a long time....ready to start my day, ready to live my day.  I have been amazed at the positive outcome in just 2 weeks.  My mental clarity is better, my emotional well-being is BACK...I feel right again inside, I have renewed hope and energy.  It has been so exciting each morning when I get up and go through my days.  I'm handling life so much better....I will continue on my journey to health for I can already tell it is worth it.  And, I'm enjoying eating fresh foods so much, that I haven't missed the dairy.    An added bonus is that I've lost 7 lbs...and I weight was not even an object when I started this, I just wanted to THRIVE again. 
      I am beginning to THRIVE...thank you JESUS for leading me each day and answering my hearts cry for help.  Great are You Lord!  To God be the Glory!


No comments: