Monday, March 01, 2010

Champions for Christ

The Olympics are over and what an amazing thing to observe over the past two weeks the strength and determination of the athletes.  This morning I am challenged to set aside disappointments and struggles and run with perseverance the race set before me, to look to the author and the finisher of my faith knowing he gives me everything I need for life and godliness, to throw off the things that entangle me and run for THE ONE who is worthy of a good run.  I can hear him cheering my on ....Run Brenda Run.  

Paul puts it perfectly in Hebrews 12...let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.  Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.

Run your race today as a Champion, go for the gold, run....run....run,  Run as a Champion for Christ.

No comments: